With Superbowl Sunday quickly approaching, I thought it was high time I shared the chili recipe that I make often for the hubby. If you follow me on Instagram you certainly have seen me at one point or another making this recipe. Honestly at this point, because I make it so often, it takes me about 10 minutes to prep. It’s very easy to make. Please note when it comes to chili, some people have preferences to some beans over another, so feel free to swap the beans out.
Rustic Chorizo Chili
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp canola, ghee or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp of latin seasoning (find this at Whole Foods, can also use Adobo)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 links chorizo sausage
- 1 packet beef bouillon
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans
- ½ can 14.5 oz white canelli beans
- 2 tbsp Frontera chipotle pepper adobo
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 cup rough chopped cilantro
- In a large stove top stew pot, combine and cook on medium heat for 5 mins onion and garlic (season with a little salt + pepper) Next add in ground beef, chorizo, beef bullion and latin seasonings. Cook together for 10 mins. While this is cooking open and rinse the beans. Next put the tomatoes, beans and rest of the ingredients in the pot. Cook on medium/high heat for 15-20 mins.
Yum! This looks delicious. I’ll definitely give it a try!
I hope you do, it’s really delish!