The colder months of the year gives us reasons to eat more comfort foods and to use our ovens more often. Who wants to use their oven in the summer, am I right. Even thought Thanksgiving is over, turkey is a healthy to red meat that can be enjoyed all through the year.
I was really excited to make these stuffed peppers that are Whole 30 compliant since I’m on the program now. Even the hubby enjoyed them and that’s saying something as he doesn’t like turkey all that much.
These are really quick to put together and make for a weekend dinner or after work. Even your kids will be asking for more.
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or ghee
- 3-4 large peppers (not green ones)
- ½ red onion chopped up
- 3-4 to cloves of garlic
- ½ cup diced sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup of avocado oil mayo (can be found at Whole Foods)
- ½ tbsp dried thyme
- ½ tbsp of dried sage
- 3 tsp onion salt
- 3 tsp garlic salt
- Prep: Cut your peppers in half and remove the insides and cut away the stem. Put them in a 9 X 13 baking dish.
- In a large fry pan, combine the onions, garlic and sweet potato and sauté over med heat for 5 mins (lightly season with salt + pepper). Next add in the ground turkey, sage and thyme. Cook for 5 mins.
- Spoon the mixture into the peppers and bake on 350 for 40.