It’s berry season here in Connecticut! So what do you do with all these berries you ask….make strawberry soup of course. I tried this recipe a few years ago when my assistant shared with me just how yummy and easy it is. Really, my mouth is watering as we speak…There are only 4 ingredients and it will be made in 15 minutes.
Yes. You heard me right…super easy and ready in 15 minutes. You are sooo gonna enjoy this…promise!
- 2 lbs (32 oz) of strawberries
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ granulated sugar
- Pull the green heads out of the strawberries, cut them in half and place them in a big bowl. Next mash the strawberries up with a potato masher.
- Lastly pour in the half and half, cream and sugar. Stir it all together. Taste. If you desire more cream or sugar. Add them to make the soup the consistency and level of sweetness you desire.
- Chill for an hour and serve. Makes 4 8 oz services
Hope you enjoy!